Thursday, December 4, 2008

Easy Creme Brulee

Easy Creme Brulee
2 cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
Pour milk and half-and-half into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Pour into 1-qt. shallow baking dish. Refrigerate 15 min. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle pudding mixture with brown sugar. Broil, 3 inches from heat, 3 to 5 min. or until sugar is melted and caramelized. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.
This recipe is from http://kraftfoods.com/.
* I made a graham cracker crust to put on the bottom and I liked the texture that added to the dessert.
* I didn't use half-and-half, I just added another cup of milk. And that seemed to work fine.
* Next time, I want to try sprinkling brown and white sugar on the top before I broil it (I read that on several recipes for real creme brulee).
Rating: Jeremy 3 - Kendra 4