Friday, September 18, 2009

Meat Pie

Meat Pie
For some reason meat pie is one of my most comforting meals. I almost always seem to crave it and enjoy it - especially in the Fall and Winter months. Anyway, this is a SUPER fast and easy version of a meat pie recipe.
Pie Filling Ingredients:
1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and seasoned with salt and pepper (I use ground turkey)
1/2 bag frozen hashbrowns
1/2 bag frozen mixed veggies
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Crust Ingredients for 1 single crust:
1 1/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. cold water
Instructions:
Cut butter into flour and salt mixture. Add cold water. Stir or knead until you have a sticky ball of dough. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
The recipe calls for 4 hours of refrigeration. I through it into the refrigerator while I brown the ground beef and mix the filling - so maybe 20-30 minutes - and it works just fine. :)
Brown and drain ground beef. Combine with other ingredients.
Roll out dough and place in a pie pan. Pour in filling. Roll out top crust and cover it all.
Voila! Meat pie!
I then bake it at about 325 - 350 degrees for about 45 -60 minutes. Just until the crust is nicely browned and the filling is bubbly hot.
Makes 1 meat pie. Serves 4-6 people.
This recipe is a variation of a recipe from my mother.
Ratings: Jeremy 3.5 - Kendra 4.5