Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

We love homemade Chicken Noodle Soup - especially if we can enjoy it with warm biscuits or homemade bread. Once I even made homemade soup bowls to go with it - super yummy!
Ingredients
onion
carrots
celery
zucchini
yellow squash
1 box rotini noodles
6-8 cups of chicken broth
1 chicken breast, cooked and cut into bit size pieces
1-2 Tbsp. butter
Italian seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
Instructions
Saute the veggies in 1-2 Tbsp. of butter until just tender - I usually add some salt & pepper for extra flavor
In a separate pan I cook 1 box of noodles according to the package instructions. My favorite is whole wheat rotini noodles - but whatever you have is great. Drain and set aside.
Combine 6-8 cups of chicken broth (I just use water and chicken boullion if that is all that I have), cooked chicken breast, cooked noodles, and veggies. Heat until warm throughout. I add salt & pepper, italian seasoning, and lemon pepper to taste - but you can season it however you like.
Serves at least 6.
Enjoy!