Saturday, October 24, 2009

Orange Cookies

So - usually I am not one to go for "citrus" desserts. They just don't do it for me. But this cookie I fell in LOVE with. It felt festive and light and fun and different and delicious! You HAVE to try them. Oh, and I made them today - so if you are in the area just stop by for a free sample. :)
Orange Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 c. shortening or margarine
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 c. orange juice
1 T. orange rind
2 1/2 c. sifted flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

Blend margarine, sugar, salt, and eggs. Add rind and juice, sift flour and baking powder and add. Mix until smooth but don't overmix. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Frost while slightly warm, or leave plain.
Frosting ingredients:
1 T. orange juice
1/2 tsp orange rind
1 T. melted margarine
1 c. powdered sugar
I got this recipe from an old nursing buddy, Camber. Thanks Camber!