Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Perfect Cake

This year for Jeremy's birthday I wanted to find a cake that he would LOVE. He's just not a huge cake fan... but I came across this little beauty and now there is no going back! We are in love. I think this will be the new family cake - the classic - the "go-to" cake for all birthdays. Oh - it was delicious. Now I am trying to find an excuse to make it again - and soon. Any occasions that you can think of????
Pistachio Cake
Ingredients:

1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
3 eggs
2 (3 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
1 tub whipped cream
1 cup milk
Instructions:

Beat cake mix, oil, soda, eggs, and first package of pudding until smooth. Pour batter into greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 30 - 45 minutes, or cake tests done.
Beat cool whip, milk, and second package pudding; pour over cake. Refrigerate.
This recipe is from the website http://allrecipes.com/.
So - the cake turned out light and moist and PERFECT. I have read that you can try this with any pudding/cake flavors. Now I am dying to try a vanilla pudding cake, or a chocolate pudding cake (maybe with chocolate cake mix too), or a coconut cream pie cake? Anyway, next time I try it I want to try reducing the oil and see how it goes. I totally recommend this simple recipe. I hope that you like it too!