Friday, October 30, 2009

White Chicken Chili

So... dinner at our ward Halloween party was a Chili Potluck. People signed up to bring Chili to share. And this one was AMAZING!! I tasted it and fell immediately in love. I went back for seconds (luckily there was still a little left) and I still wouldn't even give Jeremy a bite - it was too good! I couldn't spare even a spoonful! So - after failing to locate the creator of this dish and knowing that we had to leave the party soon - and fearing that I would never be reconnected with this delicacy - I decided to leave a note (confessing my true love) in the empty chili pan and beg for the chef to email me the recipe. And... happy ending... it worked! So - I haven't made this yet, but I can attest that it is super delicious and I look forward to making it SOON. Here's the recipe...
White Chicken Chili
Ingredients:
2 Med. White onions- chopped
1 t Garlic Powder
1 t Oregano
2 t Cumin
½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional)
2 Small cans Green Chilies- Diced
4 cans 15oz. White Great Northern beans (drained)
3 cups chicken broth (2 cans)
1 Chicken bouillon cube
4 cups cooked chicken breast – diced into bite-sized pieces. (that is about 6-8 chicken breasts)
2 cans white corn- (un-drained)
32 oz. Sour cream
Instructions:
Sauté onions in 1/2 cube butter in pot. Add everything but sour cream. Cook 30 min (longer for crockpot). Add sour cream (wait until 10 minutes before serving to add this when cooking in a crock pot). Cook 10 minutes.

Top with grated jack cheese
** The Chili that I tasted did not have the optional Cayenne Pepper in it... so try that at your own risk. Also, just for my own future reference - I would probably choose to only put in 2 cups of cooked chicken breast - it just seeme a little dense on the chicken for my liking - BUT - other than that... it was the pinnacle of perfection! ENJOY. **